Confirmed - TaG2

5 years 3 months ago #56499 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Confirmed - TaG2
You are on the way to beating this and making it past history! You will be stronger and more effective going forward in life!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #56498 by Finalman2
Confirmed - TaG2 was created by Finalman2
Hi All,

Me again!

Just an update, the histology has come back showing the tumour to be a 6mm pTaG2. In the UK, that is classified as high grade, apparently my tumour showed some risk factors of G3 and due to my age they have given me the option of BCG treatment which I will be taking.

They also use an EORTC calculator to calculate the risk of recurrence and progression based on; number of tumours, size of tumours, stage of tumours, CIS or not and grade.

They believe the percentages on my side are;

Recurrence - 1 Year: 24% - 5 Year: 46%
Progression - 1 Year: 0.2% - 5 Year 0.8%

They also believe my age and fitness will play a big part of this.

I am happy with the outcome of TaG2 as I know it is highly treatable, if it comes back, we will hit it again!

My surgeon was also very good with the quantity of bladder in the sample including a section of the Muscular Propria so they are very certain on what it is.

As always, I am very thankful to all of those that have helped out or replied on this forum as it has been very reassuring to talk to those who have/are going through this. Especially those that have been recurrence free for multiple years.

28/10/18 - Blood???
24/12/18 - Dx TaG2
15/01/19 - Start BCG
06/04/19 - Cysto + Biopsies - CANCER CLEAR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne