anyone had TURBT to remove cells for flat non-invasive CIS (TIS)

5 years 3 days ago #57150 by Crusher
Hi Diana;
I had that exact procedure at the VA Hospital at Mather AFB outside of Sacramento on 3/15. After a few days of bleeding and painful urination, I began feeling better and getting lots of my mojo back. As previously mentioned in this thread, TURBT is primarily a diagnostic tool and the resultant biopsies show that my bladder is also infected with Carcinoma in situ, a more aggressive and high grade cancer. Back to the drawing board, I am seriously considering doing the neo bladder procedure to get this cancer totally out of my body asap. So …… you really need the TURBT to see what's happening inside of the bladder - I hope your biopsies come back clean and you have complete success in whatever treatment method you choose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #56265 by Stevemac1027
That is correct in round 2 of BCG treatments. Number 4 which is my 10th treatment.

5 years 4 months ago #56259 by DianaPB
Hello Alan,

Thanks for your response.

USC and UCLA are the leaders in Urology. And in case someone here knows good doctors in both of them, it will be great.

Thanks,

Diana

5 years 4 months ago #56258 by DianaPB
Hello Stevemac1027,

Thanks for your response. I wonder did you have CIS and treated with 4 TURBT resections +BCG?

Thanks,

Diana

5 years 4 months ago #56253 by Stevemac1027
Yes I have had 4 of them. The last one they thought was ok but going forward it is recommended a random biopsy is done and that did show. TURBT Resection is very very important and determines next steps.

5 years 4 months ago #56251 by Alan
DianaPB,

The TURB while it is used to burn away or cut tumors, it is still mostly a diagnosis tool with specimens sent to pathology for grading and staging. CIS is always considered high grade. Let's trust the TURB will show no muscle invasion and you will be treated with BCG.

I see on another thread that UCLA is one of your treatment centers. I have read about USC's center (which is well respected) but, on UCLA I don't know much about. I have to think it is also very good just being a major university and medical community.

Keep asking away with any more questions. Others will see this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne