Is it painful after TURBT if a muscle sample was taken?

5 years 11 months ago #55129 by jones
Hi, that's great that they took care of it all. His urologist seems very good and thorough. I was really interested in your juice therapy Post. It seems logical beverages therapy would be beneficial and even essential and dealing with bladder tumors and slowing were even stopping the growth of anything. Thank you so much we are comments and information another posts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #55128 by richard_lv
Alan, thanks for your message. I appreciate your response.

5 years 11 months ago #55127 by richard_lv
Jones, I just replied to your other thread that you started.

My dad's tumor was a multi-focal one. It was like two tumors grown together. One was 3cm the other was 2cm.

And then I only understood this clearly yesterday, my dad also had two more tumors:

3rd tumor, the most uncommon one called "lymphoma" on the bladder neck - this occurs only 0.2% of the time but can be cured 100% of the time.

And 4th tumor was a grade 1 tumor on bladder neck just 1mm in size (not cm).

All these were removed by TURBT and doctor yesterday said it "looked good".

Also as soon as we discovered my dad had tumor, we started juice therapy. See my other thread in this forum category. I think drinking all the juices may have helped too.

5 years 11 months ago #55120 by jones
Hi, was the lesion that was taken out very small?

5 years 11 months ago #55118 by Alan
Richard,

That is the main reason a second TURB is almost always done when the grade is higher than G1. Sounds like your URO is going by the book. You are the way to having this beat. One day at a time as that is all one can control. Second procedures? Heck, my dermatologist found a melanoma on my back two weeks ago that appeared to be TO (and melanom is ALWAYS G3) and just took a 2nd chunk out Wednesday...9 stitches to be sure and safe....so I wait for the path report. There is no history of skin cancers in my family and I am shocked! Just like you I am concerned but, one day at a time.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 11 months ago #55111 by richard_lv
Thanks so much Sara. It is indeed from path report. I will assume then the muscle was taken. I'm calmer now.

Now just waiting for 2nd path report from 2nd TURBT yesterday.

Dad is already being released from the hospital tomorrow. I will meet him and ask the nurse if I can find her.

Will keep you all posted and thanks for your support!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne