tumor recurrences

17 years 10 months ago #603 by sdefilip
Replied by sdefilip on topic tumor recurrences
Hi altie,

Thank you so very much for your reply and God bless you for easing my mind tremendously ! That's the true value of this forum and I will be sure to do the same for others whenever I can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #598 by altie
Replied by altie on topic tumor recurrences
Hello Hopeful.
You said, "Did any of your recurrences present more tumors or polyps that the one before?" Yes, many times. Sometimes there would be one or two, then the next time three. Once I had six!
My doctor - from one of the best cancer centers in the world, says the same thing your doctor says! Pretty much that it's a "nuisance" and "not to worry".
I have complete faith in this...especially since I have done much research over the years and know this to be true.
Very few low grade tumors ever become invasive. Just take care to always have your follow-ups.
If you like you can click on my email and I will tell you the hospital and doctor.

~Fran

17 years 10 months ago #593 by sdefilip
He removed one polyp in the office and will do the other in 4-7 weeks after which I will have "medicine" (probably BCG) instilled. He said that will cut the chances for recurrence drastically.

17 years 10 months ago #592 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic tumor recurrences
Is your urologist going to take those polyps out? I have my first cycstoscopy coming up in 2 weeks, after tumor removal and diagnosis of Ta, Grade 0 in December '05. I was wondering if something small came back, if they will take it out or just want to be "watchful". I'm not sure I want to walk around another six months, knowing something is there...

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

17 years 10 months ago #586 by sdefilip
Altie,

Did any of your recurrences present more tumors or polyps that the one before? I just had my first cysto after TUR of one tumor and now there were two new very small "polyps". I also had low grade, noninvasive but I am extremely worried that this means it's getting worse. My urologist just called it a "nuisance" and said not to worry.

Thanks.

18 years 2 months ago #201 by altie
tumor recurrences was created by altie
My initial TUR was in March of 1998. The diagnosis was Ta, low grade TCC. I had recurrences at almost every cysto for the first three years. After that, the recurrences slowed to about every nine months. Finally in 2002, I graduated to a six-month cysto schedule. Whenever a growth recurs, the doctor changes back to a four-month schedule.
Recently, I went over a year without a recurrence, but that was short lived. Because of the low stage and grade of these recurrences, they are not a serious problem. The doctor removes them via fulguration during the cysto.
Except for the cystos, my life is normal. ;)

~Fran

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne