Newbie Question

17 years 8 months ago #1024 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic Newbie Question
Check out the stories associated with the links provided in a previous post of mine (Invasive BC) related to the Cardinal's BC and surgery, since they're from the hospital he's a patient in and also the Archdiocese's own website perhaps you'll find them to be more accurate.  I posted the message on Tuesday evening after receiving an email from a friend (also a bc survivor who also had an RC and neobladder), I too thought this might be an opportunity to increrase awareness with the disease we are dealing with ourselves.

Lou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #1022 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Newbie Question
I clicked the hyperlink provided above for the story on the Cardinal from Chicago with "bladder" cancer. This article, as written by that reporter, would further confuse and concern those newbie’s and others unfamiliar with bladder cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. The article misstates and mixes the terms, treatment and analysis for prostate cancer and bladder cancer. When reading the first part of the story I wondered why lymph nodes were removed for the initial (TURB) surgery. As I read on, I realized the reporter confused the dual surgery and the medical terms applied

17 years 8 months ago #1018 by mrjoeo
Replied by mrjoeo on topic Newbie Question
Thanks that's sounds about right, I guess if you don't use it you will lose it!

On another note living in Chicago our Cardinal was recently diagnosed with BC. I don't wish this on anybody but when a person who is well known gets this I could only hope that it may bring more awareness and money into finding a cure. Related story: www.chicagotribune.com/features/health/chi-0608010287aug01,1,1481918.story

17 years 8 months ago #1017 by Whitlo
Replied by Whitlo on topic Newbie Question
Hi mrjoeo,
I haven't had that problem yet. But, I have prostatitis so the seman is very watery and clear. I,m waiting to get over this, as is my wife, so we can resume. I wonder if it is'nt a time thing, you know you havent't used it in 3 weeks.

Whit

17 years 8 months ago #1013 by mrjoeo
Newbie Question was created by mrjoeo
I am a 43 year old male with absolutely no risk factors related to BC yet I recently had one removed (TURB on 7/11/6). From what I am reading here I am one of the lucky one's. It was VERY superficial, non-invasive and low grade. ta g0 to be exact. My Doctor treated me with mitomycin afterwards and I will see him in 3 months. My question is does anybody have any problems with the color of their semen? I was finally able to get to that point about 3 weeks after the TURB but the semen was yellowish and not it's usual white color. Does anybody else have that problem and is that normal?? Thanks!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne