New State IV Diagnosis

6 years 2 months ago #54650 by theadder
Replied by theadder on topic New State IV Diagnosis
my dad is on Atezolizumab and it helped so far. I replied to you in another post. Feel free to ask any questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #54553 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic New State IV Diagnosis
Tahitijin,

I just found out today that my bladder cancer has also metastasized . It is in my liver,aortic lymph nodes and lungs. I will be starting my immunotherapy on the 18th. I will be on Pembrolizumab or commonly known as KEYTRUDA, as far as i know it blocks a protective mechanism in cancer cells, wich allows your immune system to destroy them. I know it feels some times like your the only one going thru
This ,but there are others like myself and care givers like my wife. Its hard but gotta keep fighting!
FYI
My Father inlaw who has stage 4 small cell lung cancer was predicted to die last july. He started KEYTRUDA, we celebrated both holidays with him and he acts and looks fine.
He is 76. I told him we will do it big next Thanksgiving! And im looking forward to it!!!

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: faith

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #54529 by tahitijin
New State IV Diagnosis was created by tahitijin
Thank you so much for your reply, Alan. We've heard back from the onocologist so I'll take a half day off work on Friday to join him for his appointment. Yeah, I know this is quite serious. :( We are located in Detroit so he is going to Henry Ford Hospital which is one of the major centers in this area. I hope that they have a good team that will figure out some sort of plan. I know that the cisplatin chemo was not something he handled well and am wondering what any alternatives are. I don't know a lot about the immunothrapy other than a bit of what I've looked up online and it's hard to understand. I also wonder how fast all of this will progress. Have people been known to live for a substantial amount of time once they're Stage IV? I want to provide all the support I can but really have no idea what to expect in the coming months. I do thank you for your reply and I truly hope that you are well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne