Correlation

4 years 10 months ago #57613 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Correlation
I have seen minimal information relating bladder cancer to the use of drugs such as lisinopril. There have been, as you have seen, reports linking these drugs to a small increase in lung cancer. However, the discussion portions of several of these reports note that patients with hypertension tend to be smokers more often than patients who do not have hypertension, and smoking is linked to lung cancer as well as to bladder cancer.

Any recall of lisinopril that I have seen has been due to contamination with either metal fragments or other chemicals, not because of a cancer-related issue.

Most of us will never know what led to our diagnosis of bladder cancer (it is supposed to be a disease of elderly smoking males and I am a non-smoking not-quite-elderly at diagnosis female). This is true of most cancers.

So glad to hear that your father is doing well after his surgery.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #57612 by Dadscancer
Correlation was created by Dadscancer
My dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer October 2017. He has since undergone chemo and bladder removal surgery and so far is adjusting well. With all the heart medications being recalled I have been wondering if his lisinopril may have caused his. Since my dads diagnosis I have known 3 other people who have been diagnosed or died from bladder cancer. All had been on lisinopril. They also have other factors in common that could have caused the cancer. I'm just curious how many on here were on lisinopril and later diagnosed with bladder cancer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne