how much water should you drink after bcg traement

5 years 1 month ago #57086 by sara.anne
I will echo Alan here.....I didn't go out of my way to drink a LOT. But will admit that I would spend the few hours either close to the bathroom or on the bathroom floor!! But it eases up after a while. And it was worth it....now almost 11 years and no recurrence,

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #57085 by Alan
Nothing wrong from what I see. The BCG alone will make you want to void. You certainly want to drink enough to do several voids at the same time (it is rare) but, one can actually drink too much fluids causing a loss sodium to where it can affect your health. I can't remember back 11 years ago when I was taking BCG but, I know I didn't sleep well as it seemed I was peeing every hour or so.

Probably the best advise I was given...drink when you are thirsty. A little more and that is not a problem also as most of us don't drink enough water.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 1 month ago #57084 by chatman
I am on my 2nd round of bcg I get my treatment at 3pm first pee at 5pm start drinking water need to pee every 5 min
the first 2 hrs then hr s 3and 4 pee about every 10 min after hr 6 I pee every 30 min until 6am what am I doing wrong
Tom

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne