Some other symptoms I had that I feel I must pass on.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #54348 by Sean T
I read the symptoms of bladder cancer before I was diagnosed and I had the visible blood in urine, frequent urination and trouble urinating. But the two things that stood out most with me besides the fire engine red urine was

1. How incredibly tired I was. Not sleepy, but wiped out tired. I'd get up from an eight hour sleep and feel like I could collapse. I don't have that any more.

2. Another symptom I had (close your eyes if you don't want to read something of a sexual nature) was the intense orgasms I was having. I believe it was caused by the size of my tumor. I have not read anyone else having that and I've never read it anywhere else. But I thought I had to pass that on as it may be useful to someone else. Without getting into much detail I am sad to report that that symptom has cleared up since my tumor was removed. It's the one thing I miss about my cancer, if that's possible.

(I edited this to tone it down a bit.)

Edit (03/2718): My doctor asked me today how I was doing and did I have any pain, stinging, etc., etc. And that reminded me that when I would have an orgasm, it would sting, in addition to it being intense. This began happening years ago (maybe 2012 or so). I used to dread it, yet enjoy the intensity. It was starting to get a little weird, the whole pleasure and pain thing. But, my point of bringing it up is to make note of the stinging sensation as a possible very early sign that I, at least, had bladder cancer. This is not a known medical sign as I've never heard anyone else discuss it before. Maybe it was just me and maybe it had nothing to do with my bladder cancer. I may never know and I hope it never repeats itself for me to find out.

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne