Cancer now in urethra 2 years after radical cystectomy

6 years 5 months ago #54373 by Meadow87
Thanks Alan. We are in Buffalo, NY. He is getting treatment at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.

I'm just hoping it's not too far gone at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #54371 by Alan
Meadow87,

Welcome. Sorry for the reasons be here, however. You Dad is fortunate to have help! Reoccurrences mean pull out the big guns. In other words I would get him to a major bladder cancer hospital or teaching hospital that devotes a complete group to it. They will have seen almost everything. Also it will mean "fresh eyes" to re-do any thoughts. I see Roswell so if that is Georgia possibly Emory or others in that state (hopefully others will chime in as I am not well versed in Georgia hospitals). If it is Roswell, NM you are simply a long way from any of these.

Keep posting with questions and someone will have more ideas.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #54364 by Meadow87
Hello. I am new to this forum. My dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer that spread to his prostate 3 years ago. After several rounds of BCG failed, his bladder and prostate were ultimately removed in 2015. A few weeks ago, he noticed blood coming out of his penis and went back to Roswell for a scope, only to learn that the cancer was back and now in his urethra. It is really frustrating since he just got an "all clear" 2 weeks prior at his 6 month checkup.

Has anyone else on this forum had any experience with reoccurrence in the urethra? The rest of my family is pretty much out of the picture, so it's just me and my dad and I am terrified. More testing in the next few weeks, followed by a potential pre-op in early December.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne