Frankincense oil for BC

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #56782 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Frankincense oil for BC
Jjbrown,

I have learned to take each step (one day at a time) as they come. Every ache and pain for 3-4 months in my body I asked was I having more problems. I was fine as I am sure you will be. Most of the time it is simply our brains in overdrive. At the same time we do need to listen to our bodies.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjbrown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #56778 by Jjbrown
Replied by Jjbrown on topic Frankincense oil for BC
Thanks Jack!
You are so right! I am not allowed to be on any blood thinners 1 week before my TURBT and just read that frankincense IS a blood thinner!! So yes, I will always check with my care team going forward.
You are all so knowledgeable and helpful on this forum. I am so glad I found it. I have learned so Much! When my doctor told me I had BC, I literally couldn't think straight. I left my body so to speak and could not think of questions to ask. I have found many answers Here!
If I may just ask one more question...may not be under the correct heading though.
I have back pain on one side of my back. I have read this is possible in later stages of BC. When my urologist did my cystoscopy,he said he there was one very small polyp and did not look to be aggressive. It did not show up on my CT scan, and neither did anything else. I am wondering if back pain on one side could be a possibility in early stages Also?
I am scared that it has metastasized. I know you are not doctors, but you are all well versed in this.
Thank you!

5 years 2 months ago #56775 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Frankincense oil for BC
Jjbrown

Soon, you will have a diagnosis, and a treatment plan to address your bladder issues. The plan will be based on years of experience and documented results.

There is no end to the list of "alternative" treatments that might be recommended for cancer. There are a couple of things to investigate when considering an "alternative" treatment.

1) Always, always discuss the treatment with your care team. People or articles that promote "alternative" treatment rarely consider interactions with prescribed treatments, nor do they consider possible side effects.

2) Evaluate "alternatives" the same way as conventional treatments are evaluated. Ask if thousands of people have been treated, ask about the exact problem or issues that the "alternative addresses, ask what percentage of people experience the desired outcome, and finally, ask about the source of the recommendation and consider the expertise of the source. It can be tough to ask these questions when a friend is trying "to be helpful and concerned". It is essential to ask or research when printed or media materials suggest an "alternative"..

You can read past threads about using Frankincense oil for BC on this site. Simply click on the SEARCH button, above , and type the term "Frankincense" into the search box.

In the search for new bladder cancer treatments, MANY substances have been tested against bladder cancer cells and normal urothelial cells in culture. Many partial successes are reported in the popular press. Rarely does a hoped-for new cure continue to offer promise in later testing.

Many, if not most doctors do not object to trying an unorthodox treatment along with prescribed treatment, as long as there is no risk of interaction or obvious harmful side effects. The risk of "alternative" treatment generally falls to the patient.

Talk to your doctor and care team, see what they say about Frankincense, and ask if they have any other recommendations to address your concerns. If an "alternative" is not at risk to cause harm or interactions, won't be used as a substitute for proven treatment, and makes you feel better, why would anyone complain ?

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

5 years 2 months ago #56774 by Jjbrown
Frankincense oil for BC was created by Jjbrown
I was recently told by my urologist that I have BC. I am scheduled for my first TURBT on the 19th. A very close friend is an RN/ holistic nutritionist and told me to rub high grade Frankincense oil on my belly ( where bladder would be) 3x daily. She said it has HUGE benefits for cancer, especially BC. Has anybody else heard of this? I googled it and found some articles that actually DO support it!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne