HOPING MY TURBT IS A NON-EVENT AS WELL

4 years 7 months ago #58209 by DAVIDMATHEWS
Replied by DAVIDMATHEWS on topic HOPING MY TURBT IS A NON-EVENT AS WELL
I will be checking with my doc about CBD &TSH possibilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #58207 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic HOPING MY TURBT IS A NON-EVENT AS WELL
For most the TURB is a non event. Of course partly it depends on how much is burned or scraped out. I was lucky as I went back to work either the next day or another day later....so long ago I have forgotten. Pathology will the key. The good thing is you are down the road to handling this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 7 months ago #58205 by DAVIDMATHEWS
Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs, and having my surgery done at the new VA hospital in Aurora Colorado; and in lieu of all of the negative publicity the VA gets, the comments that I get where I am going are extremely positive. Will be glad to post relative to my successful outcome.

4 years 7 months ago #58204 by DAVIDMATHEWS
Thank you for your response. Not saying I am looking forward to the surgery, but anxious for the outcome.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #58188 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic HOPING MY TURBT IS A NON-EVENT AS WELL
Welcome Dave Mathews!

We are never happy to have a new member of our "club" however we march on. I had to research a little more about "mucosa transitional cellular carcinoma" as your doc either defines it different or it is a type simply not seen much on these boards. Not finding anything 3 years ago in your other tests obviously is a plus as most tumors don't grow as fast as we often imagine. I could speculate about things but, I have learned to simply take one day at a time....which is hard for any of us. You just won't really know much until the TURB is completed with the pathology. I know that BCG (immunotherapy) is often used to treat so keep that in mind and as many say this is treatable and beatable as evidenced by the many posters past and present. Keep us posted, someone should see it and someone likely will have a similar diagnosis. While we are not doctors we have "been there and done that".

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAVIDMATHEWS

4 years 7 months ago #58187 by DAVIDMATHEWS
HOPING MY TURBT IS A NON-EVENT AS WELL was created by DAVIDMATHEWS
After having thyroid cancer 30 years ago with a few radiation treatments, this bladder thing has me fairly concerned. My path should be available within a week from my surgery next week. The Urologist is saying TURBT. I have had two TURPS and one ablation three years ago. Nothing found in bladder then.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne