Question Re BCG

4 years 7 months ago #58120 by Neelloo2626
Replied by Neelloo2626 on topic Question Re BCG
Alan, thank you. I really do appreciate it. This relieves my concern. I again sincerely appreciate your response and will relay the same to my father.

Thank you again,

Nilu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #58119 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Question Re BCG
1st, you are in good hands at Stanford. At some point in time I have learned we must believe in the team we have selected and run with them. It is very unlikely the infection has been caused by the recurrent tumor. plus delaying the BCG should not be a problem as all most all of us that have followed this board have had delays at some point during our treatment. It is common. The nurse was correct in trying to delay instillation when there is an infection. That is standard protocol. Usually it is cleared up in a week or two and then just resume the BCG. I had the same problem somewhere along my first group of 6 or my second...I just don't remember when.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 7 months ago #58117 by Neelloo2626
Question Re BCG was created by Neelloo2626
Dear All- quick question. My father is undergoing BCG and has encountered two bacterial infections. My father complained of discomfort at the last session and upon insistence by my father, the nurse took a urine sample. She went ahead and administered BCG that day.

Thereafter my father had to call twice to get the results and turns out he has an infection and also had an infection at the time nurse administered BCG last week. Now nurse says BCG needs to be delayed so my father can complete 10 day course of antibiotics.

So two questions- first is- are recurrent bacterial infections a side effect of BCG? Or recurrent rumor?

Second question is does delaying BCG impact efficacy of the treatment?

He had high grade tumor with CIS-t1. After third TURBT no evidence of residual tumor. He’s at Stanford.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne