What`s next?

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #58101 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic What`s next?
Two are almost always done to be safe and being sure "margins" include muscle to be sure it is not invasive. 2 in 6-8 weeks is normal especially on high grade tumors A 3rd TURB is not usual but, may be needed. The question I have is: were both of your growths taken out in the last TURB and if not, why not? Also, why was BCG not used and as a treatment? The one thing I have learned is ask as many questions as you can think of and give as much info back to any provider. More knowledge is power!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #58100 by KS
Replied by KS on topic What`s next?
Alan,
Thank you for that fast reply. I just saw the results of the CT scans in MYCHART and apparently I have two masses, one on each side of the bladder. Is 2 TURBS in in 2 mos a normal time frame? Is 3 the normal stop number?

4 years 8 months ago #58099 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic What`s next?
Pure guess here as none of us are doctors and I would rely on your team for whatever the next step is. I am guessing another TURB may be in store or BCG. Recurrences are nothing to fool around with. Sometime the BCG is done in conjunction with interfuron or possibly a change to another agent.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 8 months ago #58097 by KS
What`s next? was created by KS
My Bone scan and CT scans of lungs and abd/pelvic area were negative for any spread of the cancer thank goodness, but was told that it was back in the bladder. I had my 2nd TURB mid July and will be seeing both the uro( surgeon) and oncologist tomorrow. If the surgeon did remove all that he saw and it has come back so soon, would a 3rd TURB still be a good thing to do or should talk of treatment options be talked about instead? Would appreciate any suggestions. I was dx w/ High Grade Papillary Uretheial T1.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne