Still have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT

4 years 6 months ago #58236 by Cynthia
I would imagine federal job equals federal law that lists cannabis as a controlled substance. Please check the relevant regulations.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #58235 by DAVIDMATHEWS
Replied by DAVIDMATHEWS on topic Still have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT
I agree with your comment. It would seem however, if one had prescription, that may allow some latitude. Of course can’t say that for sour only surmise the issue here.

4 years 6 months ago #58234 by JigStep
I imagine you've thought about this, but since state and Federal laws differ on cannabis, I'd be wondering how use might play with the Federal employer should they ask or test.

Stu

7/18 Gross hematuria; 8/18 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, LG, T1; 12/18 TURB: benign urothelial mucosa, cystitis; 9/19 TURBT: papillary urothelial carcinoma, HG noninvasive; 6/20 TURB: NED, inflammation; 10/21 TURB. NED, inflammation.

4 years 6 months ago #58233 by NelsJenn
I have been using cannabis tinctures for pain and I am quite happy with the results. I administer three drops underneath my tongue in order to absorb the CBD into my bloodstream. Works within 15 to 30 minutes. If pain persists, I administer another two drops. Everyone is different so you have to experiment on the amount of cannabis tincture (drops) you need. I started with two drops and went from there.

Moreover, I use a ratio of 1:1 at night because this mixture relaxes me and helps me sleep. This ratio means I am administering equal amounts of CBD and THC into my system. CBD takes care of the pain and THC gives me a relaxed "high" to sleep.

During the day time, I use a ratio of 1:4 because this mixture takes care of the pain and doesn't give me the "high". This ratio means I am administering less THC and mostly CBD. I use this mixture because it takes care of the pain and keeps my brain clear so that I can function (no "high").

Hope this helps, Nelson.

Bladder Cancer - Non-Invasive 2019
High Grade - T1
2 TURBT - 2019
9 BCG Infusions - 2019
Ureter Tumor Discovered - 2021

4 years 7 months ago #58208 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Still have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT
CBD oil generally has no side effects. You can obtain it without any THC. It is a mild pain reliever and can be used for a similarly mild sleep aid. No miracles....

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 7 months ago #58206 by DAVIDMATHEWS
Replied by DAVIDMATHEWS on topic Still have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT
What did your doc say, or did you ask relative to CBD & TSH. How did you take it? I too don’t tolerate NASIDS WELL. I am anxious to read about your experiences with it. Especially since I live in Colorado. I do work in a critIcal job for the VA so I can’ go to work with any effects.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne