Always demand a blue light cystoscopy with Cysview

4 years 9 months ago #57860 by JohnnyGoodman
Replied by JohnnyGoodman on topic Always demand a blue light cystoscopy with Cysview
Care to link the studies which shows no difference? Ive only read the ones which shows 25-30% higher detection rate, but I would be really interested to know if it really isnt superior. Is it really that more expensive after the new reimbursement in 2019?

links to some studies:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23602406
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25496450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #57847 by Lapecheronza
Replied by Lapecheronza on topic Always demand a blue light cystoscopy with Cysview
D' accordo con Sara. Oltretutto ho letto che la luce blu può dar luogo anche a dei falsi positivi in quanto è facile confondere un normale tessuto
infiammato con il cis, per cui la maggioranza degli urologi in Europa preferiscono la luce bianca.
Tanto il Cis se c' è ed è esteso risulterà dall' istologico e nella maggioranza dei casi non si potrà t
togliere con la turv ma solo con il bcg.

traduzione:

I agree with Sara. Moreover, I read that the blue light can also give rise to false positives as it is easy to confuse a normal fabric
inflamed with cis, so most urologists in Europe prefer white light.
So much the Cis if there is and is extended will result from the histological and in the majority of the cases it will not be possible to remove it with the turv but only with the bcg.

Antonio

4 years 9 months ago #57845 by sara.anne
Some scientific studies indicate that "Blue Light" cystoscopy is somewhat better than the usual and others have found no difference. The company that markets it is doing a great job of salesmanship for their expensive product. The jury is still out.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knifedealer

4 years 9 months ago #57843 by JohnnyGoodman
It is way better than a regular white light cystoscopy at detecting the cancer cells. I have no idea why it isnt the standard of care yet, people are going with undetected cancer :(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne