Really scared

4 years 9 months ago #57687 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Really scared
The best way to look at things is you are 80% to resolving or going to a plan to attack. Either way you are another day toward getting to the end of wondering and one day closer to getting stronger and more effective in life!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #57686 by Marco
Replied by Marco on topic Really scared
Hi everyone

So I just got back from my first cystoscopy. Doctor said I have a polypoid tumor. My next step is to get it removed and have pathology done to determine if it's benign or malignant. He wouldn't comment on if it was cancerous based on the look and size of it...even though i tried to ask him the same question 3 different ways. So I will wait. I'm concerned since most are cancerous but hopeful since I know someone who has something similar and it was benign.

Hanging in there,
Marco

4 years 9 months ago #57679 by Jjbrown
Replied by Jjbrown on topic Really scared
Marco...Good luck tomorrow! I had mine last Friday. I was a ball of nerves all week but it turned out good for me ( no recurrance...yet) You will do fine. Stay positive!

Uptight... Just want to say good luck to you on Friday! Its the beginning to your recovery!

4 years 9 months ago #57676 by Uptight
Replied by Uptight on topic Really scared
As to the "uncomfortable setting" for the cystoscopy, it's going to become an ongoing part of your life at least in the near term. As to pain or discomfort, I am a 65 years old, 5'8", 150 lb. weakling that was scared that I was going to shake the fillings out of my teeth, BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN......It is an odd process to partake in but I am very much looking forward to a cystoscopy at a later time that they announce "everything looks good".
After they remove my tumor on Friday, if all goes well, I have heard that they will complete a additional cystoscopy again after several weeks of healing. I actually plan to video my cystoscopy in all its glory (all modesty put aside) and post it on youtube or other social media to dispel the anxiety that men in general seem to perceive from the procedure. My video would be an absurd way of becoming a film star....lol......But if it helps one soul with reducing their anxiety it will have been worth it.
Tomorrow evening at this time you will be home, it will be history, and then you can actually feel you are on the way to at least knowing your true situation. I wish you God's blessing, the best of luck, and please keep posting to help support the next person just starting their journey just like we are.
I wonder if they will create better posting names than "Uptight" or "Really Scared"???

4 years 9 months ago #57675 by Marco
Replied by Marco on topic Really scared
Thank you everyone for your replies. For some reason I'm less anxious today. I have my cystoscopy tomorrow. I can't wait to understand what I am dealing with. I met with my family doctor today, the results from two weeks ago showed microscopic blood in urine which she said could be or could not be from bladder lesion (I'm not calling it a tumor yet). Doctor tried to reassure me that IF it is cancer it has been caught early.

I'm hanging in there.
Marco

4 years 9 months ago #57674 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Really scared
My double "woops," wpi!! Just goes to show you that you shouldn't read/answer posts using a small screen smart phone. I do know the difference between what you have and kidney cancer. I just assumed that you had renal carcinoma (what my dad had...and he lived many healthy years after with one kidney.)

Sorry

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: wpl

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne