Had great news today

4 years 10 months ago #57774 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Had great news today
That is WONDERFUL news!!! And you are right...keep up with the exams.

Questa è una notizia MERAVIGLIOSA !!! E hai ragione ... continua con gli esami.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lapecheronza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #57773 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Had great news today
Congratulations. We are happy for you!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lapecheronza

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #57772 by Lapecheronza
Replied by Lapecheronza on topic Had great news today
Ho una buona notizia . Ho attraversato un mese da incubo perchè all'ultima turv di controllo post bcg era stata evidenziata un'area sospetta iperemica in corrispondenza della precedente resezione vescicale per cui sono stato dimesso con neoplasia vescicale recidiva. Fortunatamente il professore urologo, amico della mia ex moglie, questa mattina le ha mandato un messaggio wathapp essendosi informato circa l'esito dell'esame istologico, che dovrò ritirare il 25 giugno, dicendole che ho solo cistite e non più Cis...sembra che abbia risposto.....quindi continuiamo con bcg e controlli.
Sono contentissimo della buona notizia che riguarda anche me. Il Bcg è una terapia miracolosa!!!! E' chiaro che non abbasserò la guardia e starò con i piedi per terra sapendo quanto è pericolosa la malattia e la tendenza a recidivare ma perlomeno ora cercherò di lottare per la guarigione e non per la sola sopravvivenza come mi si stava prospettando dall'ultima diagnosi. Tanti auguri a tutti e soprattutto a coloro che si stanno sottoponendo alla prima cura di induzione del bcg ai quali vorrei inviare un messaggio di speranza, che abbiano fiducia perchè il bcg funziona e alla grande.
Un caro saluto a tutti e un grazie in particolare a Sara Anne ed Alan per l'aiuto psicologico che mi hanno dato.
Antonio

Traslation:
I have good news. I went through a month of nightmare because at the last post bcg control turv had been highlighted a suspected hyperemic area at the previous bladder resection for which I was discharged with recurrent bladder neoplasia. Fortunately, the urologist professor, a friend of my ex-wife's, sent her a wathapp message this morning, having been informed about the outcome of the histological examination, which I will have to withdraw on June 25, telling her that I only have cystitis and no longer Cis ... it seems that she has responded ..... so we continue with bcg and checks.
I am very happy with the good news that also affects me. The Bcg is a miraculous therapy!!!!! It is clear that I will not lower my guard and I will be with my feet on the ground knowing how dangerous the disease is and the tendency to recidivism, but at least now I will try to fight for recovery and not just for survival as was expected from the last diagnosis. Best wishes to all and especially to those who are undergoing the first treatment of induction of the bcg to which I would like to send a message of hope, that they have confidence because the bcg works and great.
A warm greeting to all and a special thanks to Sara Anne and Alan for the psychological help they have given me.
Antonio

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #57656 by Lapecheronza
Replied by Lapecheronza on topic Had great news today
Congratulazioni! per me invece non è andata così bene. Alla turv che ho fatto 2 giorni fa è risultata la cistoscopia negativa perchè era tutto pulito ad eccezione di un'area corrispondente con la precedente resezione vescicale che era iperemica. Il medico ha detto che si poteva trattare di arrossamento dovuto al normale processo di guarigione della precedente resezione oppure che il tumore si è riformato. Di conseguenza sono stato dimesso con diagnosi di " neoplasia vescicale recidiva" e mi toccherà aspettare l'esito dell'esame istologico che mi verrà consegnato solo fra un mese il 25 giugno per venire a capo della questione. Incrocio le dita ma sono molto in ansia e depresso. saluti e congratulazioni di nuovo Antonio

Congratulations! It didn't go so well for me. The turv I did 2 days ago resulted in negative cystoscopy because everything was clean except for an area corresponding to the previous bladder resection which was hyperemic. The doctor said that it could be a redness due to the normal healing process of the previous resection or that the tumor has reformed. As a result, I was discharged with a diagnosis of "recurrent bladder neoplasia" and I will have to wait for the outcome of the histological examination, which I will be given only in a month on June 25th to get to the bottom of the matter. I cross my fingers but I am very anxious and depressed. greetings and congratulations again Antonio

4 years 10 months ago #57652 by Jjbrown
Replied by Jjbrown on topic Had great news today
Uptight,
I know exactly how you are feeling! I actually think this is the worst time of this horrible ordeal ( before Turbt and not knowing the particulars) I personally had a hard time at that stage also. I have a bad case of health anxiety now. Every ache and pain I'm thinking it spread or its a new cancer etc. The entire situation just stinks altogether which is why I posted my good news yesterday. I was convinced it would be back due to the high recurrance rate, but it wasn't! A relief I'll take for the next three months at least. That's how we have to live now. Try to stay positive, and look to your faith or higher being or whatever it is that can give you hope. I found that's important...hope. It's so easy to fall into a depression with a cancer diagnosis. I've realized my life is different now, but bladder cancer is treatable and that's hope in and of Itself! Try to think that way,it helped me and I was TOTALLY freaked out with my diagnosis. I am still raising kids. I can't even imagine not finishing my job with them! Leaving them so early, freaks me right out. This is my new normal...bloodwork,scopes and scans. Yes, it stinks, but it could be worse!!! Good luck with your Turbt and keep us posted please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uptight

4 years 10 months ago #57648 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Had great news today
Congrats on putting this behind you! You will be stronger and more effective going forward in your life!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne