5CM bladder tumor found two days ago

4 years 9 months ago #57859 by drainman
Replied by drainman on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Goody Good Marco and now just work on getting rid of what is called low grade and dont let the VA give you any experiment drugs just stay on course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #57858 by Marco
Replied by Marco on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Great news!!!!! Low grade/non invasive!!! Wish you all the best my friend.

Marco

4 years 9 months ago #57855 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Drainman,

Yes, they are working on regeneration of many parts, including the bladder. I don't know how close they are to perfection but, I bookmarked an article that is now 12 years old so it should be happening soon. www.bio-medicine.org/biology-news-1/Jefferson-urologists-studying-regenerated-neo-bladder-to-help-spinal-cord-injury-patients-695-1/

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 9 months ago #57853 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Uptight, that IS good news!! It is true that the size of the tumor doesn't say much about whether it is high grade or low grade or whether it has spread.

Please take the doctor's advice about the 3 month checkups, since the nasty little secret about bladder cancer is that it tries to come back.

Meanwhile, CELEBRATE

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 9 months ago #57852 by drainman
Replied by drainman on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Congratulations You did very well in not going to the extreme before your results came in.I chose to keep my Bladder against the Doctors wishes because I would rather be dead than wish i was dead.My Father Died on February first from Bladder Cancer He passed eight months after his surgery.I begged him not to undergo the surgery as he was eighty four years old and he should not be put under for seven hours and unfortunately I was right as certain parts of his body could not take the anethesia so he could no longer walk and then went into strokes.After his Bladder was removed the Cancer immediately went into his kidneys ,spine and liver.It is so horrible and I still feel guilty as if I didnt fight hard enough to convince him he was too old and sick for surgery.

4 years 9 months ago #57851 by Uptight
Replied by Uptight on topic 5CM bladder tumor found two days ago
Well I have finally got new info pertaining to my bladder tumor and had to hold off getting into the VA for an additional week as I got pretty severe flu related issues not related to my surgery.. I finally got in for follow up and removal of my foley catheter (I hated that damn thing).and received the following info on my biopsies, ALL WERE LOW GRADE/NON INVASIVE. My doctor even seemed surprised as the size of the tumor was over 5CM and the location was almost on the floor of the bladder impeding my left ureter. Anyway, I am very happy with the results thus far and am scheduled for additional surgery to do some touch up work on the attaching surface (with more biopsies) and removal of a stent from my left kidney to my bladder. This touch up surgery is supposed to be on an outpatient basis and will be completed on July 3rd. Prognosis as of now is that no additional treatment is planned with the exception of followup cystoscopy's every 90 days. If I have issues with the tumor coming back, then additional treatment will be planned. I may have been one of the lucky people but only the future will tell the full story. I am still going to continually monitor on this blog as everyone going through this process needs and deserves to know they have support from those that have been in the position of having their Doctor tell them they have bladder cancer.
I have gone through a bunch of emotional draining issues in my 66 years, but the diagnosis of bladder cancer has by far been the most feared and humbling experience in my life. In the military, uniformed folks have to bond together for joint protection and emotional support that is vital is succeeding in meeting the missions goal. This blog serves that very purpose for folks receiving a bladder cancer diagnosis.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne