New to Bladder Cancer, Awaiting Results

4 years 7 months ago #58315 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic New to Bladder Cancer, Awaiting Results
Wow...you have certainly already paid your cancer dues!

No one can really predict what the results of your upcoming tests will show. I assume that you are having a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) where samples of the bladder are taken for pathology. Only after the results are back from the path lab will a definitive answer be available.

However, urine cytology tests are notorious for giving false positives.

We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

Star Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #58314 by troyryans
New to Bladder Cancer, Awaiting Results was created by troyryans
I am new to this forum and am hoping someone may have experienced some of the same bladder symptoms and test results I am currently going through.

My history is as follows:

13 years ago diagnosed with atypical ductal hyperplasia in right breast, underwent two lumpectomies to remove the precancerous cells.
Cells were determined to be estrogen driven, ER+ 99%
Tested negative for BRCA 1 and BRCA 2
Took 3 years of Tamoxifen to help prevent reoccurrence.
10 years ago had a preventative total hysterectomy including ovaries to reduce estrogen production
2017 diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma breast cancer, both breasts removed
Tested positive for CHEK2 hereditary gene marker
Now on 10 year cycle of Letrozole to help prevent reoccurrence
Started experiencing slight "menstrual" cramping a year ago, testing did not pick up any issues
Return of "night sweats", same as what I experienced prior to breast cancer diagnosis
Passed kidney stone 8 months ago, extreme pain
Developed pneumonia 2.5 months ago, two rounds of antibiotic, still have cough
Urine tests for annual oncology appointment show microscopic blood, cramping occurs every day
CT does not show any bladder issues, 2 tiny kidney stones in left kidney
Cystoscopic pathology report from urine is suspicious for low grade lesion, degenerative urothelial cells, crystals, bacteria, mild acute inflammation.My history is as follows -

I am scheduled for a scope Tuesday to see if I am positive for cancer. My father and grandfather both passed from bladder cancer, and a long line of other relatives with cancer deaths. The cramping and excessive sweating is not good. My appetite is not good, I have only lost about 5 pounds in the last month. I wake on average 6-7 times a night to urinate, and sleep is fleeting.

The question is whether there could still be cancer if a CT and ultrasound doesn't pick up anything? Has anyone had that happen in their situation?

Thanking you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne