TCC & CIS

4 years 7 months ago #58304 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic TCC & CIS
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. CIS is a form of transitional cell carcinoma that appears as a rash on the surface of the bladder rather than as a solid tumor (the other form of TCC is sort of like a mushroom that extends into the bladder.) As Antonio said, CIS is always high grade.

I assume from the treatment that has been recommended, that it has spread beyond the bladder lining. IF it is still confined to the bladder lining, then BCG is the usual standard of treatment, as Antonio mentioned. However, if it has spread than radical cystecomy is the usual solution. In your case, if RC is not possible, chemotherapy is the only option.

I would agree with Antonio that a second opinion would be a good idea (you said you didn't want advice, but is IS free!) Continuing with the "advice" I would suggest a second opinion at a center that specilizes in bladder cancer treatment of difficult cases, such as a university or NCI designated cancer center.

Since most patients in your position chose RC's, there may not be many here who have done the regimen you are asking about.

Wishing you all the best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #58301 by Lapecheronza
Replied by Lapecheronza on topic TCC & CIS
Salve, lungi da me l'intenzione di dare consigli non essendo medico. Tuttavia, in base alla comune esperienza è noto che il cis è considerato di alto grado e il trattamento più indicato ed efficace dovrebbe essere per esso il bcg. Una seconda opinione medica io personalmente la chiederei. Saluti. Antonio
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaileia16

4 years 7 months ago #58300 by kaileia16
TCC & CIS was created by kaileia16
I have had TCC since June 2017 but at my most recent TURBT, it was determined I now have both TCC & CIS, both high grade and aggressive. I'm not a candidate for TC due to underlying medical conditions. I am starting a year of Gemcitabine & Taxol. Has anyone had this diagnosis & this treatment? If so, how did you do? Any side effects, etc.? My Dr has told me nausea & vomiting might occur & will be giving me Zofran. Any information would be appreciated. Not looking for advice, just personal experiences or knowledge you can share. I have not been NED ever. Tumors return every 10-12 weeks. I've had Gemcitabine & Mytomycin prior to the CIS diagnosis.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne