One week out of surgery with big leakage problems

4 years 11 months ago #57332 by darla922
Everyone on this site has such wonderful suggestions, but ultimately, what they all say is correct..it is all trial and error in the beginning...I was sent home with two weeks of supplies and have already just about went through them all due to leakage...depending upon samples now and whatever is brought by home health care...I have tried paste, no paste, barrier ring, no barrier ring, and to no avail. My stoma shrinked 2/8 of an inch in one day, so I am sure that has a lot to do with it....I know it takes time and the frustration has really set in....home health care nurse was by last night and tried again...made it through until 6 this morning and then the leaking started...waiting to hear again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #57331 by darla922
Have had bladder cancer twice in two years and now since it has gone to my urethra, recommendations are to remove bladder....I need to make a decision as to which option I would want to get...Indiana Pouch or Ileal Conduit....both are foreign to me and they both have their pros and cons.....any recommendations from people who have experience in either...thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne