Terms and Conditions
Through your registration and use of the American Bladder Cancer Society, Inc.’s Website/Social Networking Site (SNS), including our Forum, herein after referred to as the Site, you accept the provisions of the following User Agreement (UA):
- The provisions of the UA extend to all information contained in a user’s post(s) and profile, including, graphics, attached files, external links (hyperlinks), and/or textual information.
- You agree not to post or otherwise distribute any material which is false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, libelous, slanderous, insensitive, an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have written consent from the owner(s) of the copyrighted material.
- You agree not to post or otherwise distribute any information designated as sensitive, proprietary, or intellectual property by any corporation, private entity, or government organization. This provision extends to any information designated as “classified” by any government organization.
- You agree not to disclose any personal information about anyone, other than yourself. Public disclosure of your personal information is strongly discouraged; including, details such as, surnames, nicknames, home addresses, telephone number(s), place(s) of employment, and/or e-mail address(es).
- You agree not to post or otherwise distribute solicitation offers, including for participants in “research”, “clinical trials”, or “studies”, related to legal or medical services, creation of or procurement of fraudulent/illegal documentation/paperwork, or other commercial activity. If you want to recommend a product or service that you personally used, that is only acceptable if you are not receiving money or other compensation through the use of the Site.
- You agree not to post or otherwise commit attacks, such as spamming or cyber bullying, on other user(s) of the Site or individual(s) or organization(s) external to the Site.
- Your User name shall not be the name of any real person; living or deceased.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the American Bladder Cancer Society, Inc., and any related websites to the Site. The Site also reserves the right to provide your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of legal action arising from any information posted by you.
The American Bladder Cancer Society, Inc. does not endorse specific treatments of any kind; these are decisions that should only be made with the advice of your medical professional(s), preferably an oncologist and/or urologist. We believe that being an informed patient and taking an active role in one's treatment is a vital part of coping with cancer. Doctors and patients should work together as a team with a common goal. A functional doctor-patient relationship requires trust and fully informed two-way communication. Our goal is to give people the background knowledge to effectively communicate with their medical professional(s).
Discussion topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or as a substitute for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and/or usefulness of all opinions, services, and/or other information found on the Site. Please consult with your medical professional(s) as to whether any information obtained from the Site can benefit you.
Please respect other users; remember that we all have different backgrounds and have formed different opinions about our situations. The Site is intended to share viewpoints and ideas between its users; please refrain from discussions of religion, politics, or other possibly contentious topics.
Note that we cannot confirm the validity of posts on the Site. We do not warranty the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information found on the Site. The posts express the views of the author, not the views of the American Bladder Cancer Society, Inc. Please remember that posts are not curated before they are submitted. Anyone who feels that a post is objectionable and/or questionable should immediately notify a Site administrator.
Curating posts is manual process; please realize that we may not be able to immediately remove or edit a post. The moderator(s) reserve the right to edit your posts at their discretion. We reserve the right to edit your posts to protect your privacy and/or the privacy of others. The moderator(s) reserve the right to delete posts deemed inappropriate and have the final approval of what content is or is not acceptable on the Site.
Strict adherence to these terms and conditions is important to keeping the Site a place of support for all. We reserve the right to display your posts indefinitely, but ultimately your posts are your intellectual property. We/others have the right to quote, with proper attribution, any post you may make on the Site.
We reserve the right to remove objectionable content, including information contained in a user’s profile, if we determine that removal is necessary. A user’s privileges are rarely revoked or suspended; however, at the Site administration’s sole discretion, they can be revoked or suspended without warning or recourse.