5 months 5 days ago - 5 months 5 days ago#57342by Alan
I doubt it will make much difference either 2 weeks sooner or 2 weeks later. The key is often the side effects (urgency, burning/irritatation etc) become cumulative. If they become unbearable the dosage is sometimes cut by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 even 1/10 and still get a response. To top that off there are many protocols on what regimen is the best. It does sound like your Mom is getting one of the most common ones. Pat yourself on the back. Your part of the "team" is very important. Plus, I would do exactly what you all have decided....go and enjoy life and the trip. Keep asking as you have more questions.
DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
Hello. Hope you are all well. I just joined this forum because my mother has been diagnosed with T1 bladder ca last September 2018. She has since done two TURBT procedures and completed induction phase of bcg treatment (6 wks) and first maintenance bcg (3 wks). Her last bcg session was March 28, and she’s is scheduled for her next bcg on June 18, so just a bit less than 3 months between M1 and M2 phases. I guess my concern is whether that has any side effects? Do they bcg sessions have to be exactly 3 months apart? We heard different feedbacks from different physicians. The reason it’s earlier is just because she had made travel plans prior to all this, and I don’t want her to feel like she has to put her life on hold because of a 2 week change in bcg schedule.
Has anyone had bcg maintenance sessions less than 3 months apart? If so, any concerns we should be aware about?
Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks so much in advance xx