Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Travel while waiting?

5 days 22 hours ago - 5 days 21 hours ago #55821 by Alan
Frannie,

I am a retired salesman but, I did travel 2-3 days a week overnight when I had my 1st TURB and in between my 2nd. I even remember my URO's warning between the 1st and 2nd that I would probably pass an old clot in between and he was correct! Your hubby will be fine. I am just glad my wife was so supportive and watchful just as you are! You will get through this and be one of us helping others understand this disease!

Once the 2nd TURB is done and I am presuming it will still be stage 1 (breaking my rule of waiting until ALL the facts are in), if BCG is the regimen then he may want to curtail travel the day of or after as side effects while not debilitating it does slow you down.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 21 hours ago #55818 by sara.anne
I do understand Frannie. We just can’t help worrying but worrying doesn’t seem to solve anything . Your husband is very fortunate to have you on his team .

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 22 hours ago #55817 by frannie72
Thank you. Yes, I suppose it is better to just get on with life and that is what my husband is doing, I'm the one fretting and trying to gather as much information as possible! His philosophy is that he will continue his job (which he loves) and we will have our normal life and not stress about the upcoming procedures and that we'll take it from there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 22 hours ago #55816 by sara.anne
It appears that the doctor is familiar with his travel and work plans and has okayed the travel . Certainly none of us on this forum are in any position to second-guess the doctors’
advice. All this waiting can really get to you and it is better to go on with life rather than sit and wait for something to happen Since the doctor seems to think the travel is OK your husband should be fine.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 22 hours ago #55815 by frannie72
So my husband currently has a kidney stent (2.5 cm kidney stone, lithotripsy done yesterday) and is scheduled for a TURBT restaging on October 4th. Urothelial papillary carcinoma, high grade, T1 from last path report a few weeks ago. He is supposed to go to Europe on the 23rd for a week, doctor scheduled TURBT around his travel schedule. I am worried about him going. He is 71, very fit and still working 10 hour days (he's a university administrator). Definitely does not want to stop or slow down his travel/work schedule in any way. Doc says ok to travel. I'm not sure. He's on a few meds for kidney stone pain, low grade UTI. What are your thoughts? I am not able to go with him, can't leave work or our children (as I posted in a different post, we have an "age gap" marriage and have young children). Have your doctors said no to travel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddiek

Users

Total Online: 1 User and 255 Guests 
dtat60's Avatardtat60

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator Moderator Banned User Guest

Statistics

Total Messages: 50308 Total Sections: 1 Today Open: 0 Today Total Answer: 0
Total Subjects: 6401 Total Categories: 11 Yesterday Open: 1 Yesterday Total Answer: 4
Total Users: 7572 Latest User: Nick56
Powered by Kunena Forum