Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

first turbt

3 years 4 months ago #50739 by LillianG
Josh, I had my doctor send my slides from both of my TURBs to Johns Hopkins. My insurance covered the cost for the second opinion. JH charges $250, but there's a good chance that your medical insurance will cover it.

LilyG

Dx 5/28/15 with 4.2cm x 2.2cm Ta HG Papillary TCC; 2nd TURBT 7/09/15, NED; 6 BCG completed 9/30/15; 3 sets of BCG maintenance completed 1/26/17. Six cystoscopes - all NED. Moving to scopes every 6 months, and no more BCG maintenance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #50738 by Alan
Not for free but, it is a second source and fresh eyes. They can confirm margins were good or suggest a second TURB.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #50737 by jroza1
So Johns Hopkins will review path slides and reports for free? I saw the tumor and have no doubt what it is, but there won't be any treatment report until after the turbt in 2 weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #50736 by Alan

jroza1 wrote: Well I knew they were going to scope me again 90 days later, but didn't know it would be a turbt


Scoping is a different issue. If in fact the path report is correct as a low grade tumor, a 3 month regular scheduled scope is normal. It sounds like you have doubts-which is normal. Thus, the reason so many of us recommend a second opinion which could include a secomd TURB. Another option would be to send the path (slides) report to John Hopkins which many on this board have done.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #50735 by jroza1
Well I knew they were going to scope me again 90 days later, but didn't know it would be a turbt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #50734 by Alan
Josh,

Responding in concert with your other thread. Yes, if there is any doubt a second TURB is done. I had two. At first I thought my URO had goofed up creating a need for a second. I found out later that if there is any doubt a second is done. This is probably because of having to work in such a small area.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 622 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: Calmdown9
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 7
Total Posts: 52344 Total Subjects: 6783 Total Users: 8277
Powered by Kunena Forum