So sorry to hear of your issue and the uncertainty currently surrounding you. I am not familiar with the details of the Canadian system, but I would tell you that whatever is growing there has no doubt been there a while. You do want to get it checked out and a definitive diagnosis ASAP, but a few weeks plus/minus probably won't make a difference. But, I do recognize that the uncertainty is maddening!
My "issues" were found on cystescopy in early December; I was about to leave for a trip to Antarctica and the holidays were approaching. In addition, in the US a lot of people have insurance with a deductible that resets Jan 1, so people are always rushing to get medical procedures done before the end of the year. My urologist told me that waiting until after the first of the year would not make any difference, even if it were cancer (it was.) So my first TURB was in late January.
I won't make a guess as to whether your mass is cancer or not...whatever it is, you are now on top of it. I would ask if there is a "cancellation list" and get your name on it for any cancelled appointment spots.
Best of luck to you.
Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
I am a 50 year old male recently had an ultrasound after 2 years of problems . A 2.5 cm non-mobile calcified lobular mass was detected on the posterior wall . Since I'm in Canada I may have to wait until late Jan for my cystoscopy . I am wondering if this seems to be too long of a wait and are such masses usually BC or could it be benign......the waiting is the worst....