6th BCG Treatment - Completed

10 years 1 day ago #46222 by raider
Replied by raider on topic 6th BCG Treatment - Completed
Gina,

I can honestly say I'm glad to have the treatment, it has improved my symptoms greatly. Thanks for responding and continued good luck to you with your upcomng cystoscopy.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 day ago #46220 by gina
Replied by gina on topic 6th BCG Treatment - Completed
Hi Mike! I remember feeling similarly as I walked out after completing my 6th treatment...This round was much more difficult for me than it was 5 years ago when I was first diagnosed...Bleeding with sharp pains for 2-3 days afterwards, gave me just enough time to feel better for the next treatment...I was ready to quit all together after the 4th one...but I managed to keep going. My cysto is this thursday with another round to follow...not looking forward to it, but as I read here, there are many facing worse and I am just being a big baby...Thanks for sharing your experiences...

10 years 1 week ago #46190 by raider
6th BCG Treatment - Completed was created by raider
I had my last (6th) BCG treatment today for this first round, felt good to walk out the door knowing I have this round under my belt. Side effects on 5th instilment were worse than any other, I had a lot of fatigue and felt fuzzy in the head for most of the week. It may have been a combination of being sick as well with a head cold.

Looking forward to a cold beer or glass of wine this weekend, I chose to stay very healthy during treatment obstaining from alcohol, sweets, soda which I don't drink and anything with lots of sugar.

Looking forward to the upcoming scopes and biopsy to see where by bladder stands.

BGG 6 round graduate!!
Mike

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne