How long can you have chemo

8 years 11 months ago #48697 by xeeshjuli
Replied by xeeshjuli on topic How long can you have chemo
I know how chemo gets after awhile I did 20 trips to infusion. It is all about getting to where you need to be one step at a time isn't it?

Join online certkiller and testking to pass exam JN0-102 dumps in first try. Our best quality and Northwestern University guide you well for real exam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #45345 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic How long can you have chemo
This is where a real session with the oncologist is needed. They do the tests and start a game plan and monitoring sessions. We pray that you get a plan in place.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

10 years 6 months ago #45337 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic How long can you have chemo
Sounds like there needs to be a lot more discussion with his oncologist.

I can't imagine being on chemo for the rest of my life. Chemo does enough damage that it seems an impractical statement. Blood counts get messed up, kidneys get damaged, side effects get progressively worse, etc.

I can see maintenance chemo going on and on but not the full on stuff.

What is he on?

The doc needs to give you answers to your questions. With chemo, there are just way too many variables for us here to answer.

Sorry you haven't gotten the answers yet but keep pushing.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

10 years 6 months ago #45334 by willdavmaa
How long can you have chemo was created by willdavmaa
My husband had his bladder taken out but it had already metastasized to the lymph nodes. We started chemo and they had told us probably 3 times and then see what was going on. They are now telling us that he will have to have chemo every three weeks for the rest of his life. The cat scans are showing local lymph node with micropapillary invasive and lymphovascular invasion. What the heck is that about and has anyone ever been told that they would have to be on chemo forever?

We are so confused. They won't tell us how long the chemo will add to his life, or how long if he doesn't do it anymore. Please let me know what you all think.

Cathy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne